Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Custom Layers for VPU

SergeyMalykhin
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to implement and use custom layer for VPU (Neural Compute Stick 2).

I'm working under Windows.

According to ( docs https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_IE_DG_Extensibility_DG_VPU_Kernel.html ) after installation of w_openvino_toolkit_p_2021.4.689.exe I should have OpenCL compiler in installation directory: <INSTALL_DIR>/deployment_tools/tools/cl_compiler

However I didn't have it. I tried different versions of distrib, but no results. I tried 2021.4 and 2021.3.

Can you assist with it?

FYI - I also tried to work with OpenVino github version, but have same issue with OpenCL.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Currently, VPU CLTools binary (CL_Compiler) is not available for Windows as the steps stated in the document [How to Implement Custom Layers for VPU (Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2) - OpenVINO™ Toolkit (openvinotoolkit.org)] are applicable for Linux distribution only.

A feature request was already initiated to enable this but it was put on hold, we do not have any specific timeline when this will be available for official release.

We advise you to use Linux distribution instead for this feature.

Sincerely,

Iffa

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Currently, VPU CLTools binary (CL_Compiler) is not available for Windows as the steps stated in the document [How to Implement Custom Layers for VPU (Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2) - OpenVINO™ Toolkit (openvinotoolkit.org)] are applicable for Linux distribution only.

A feature request was already initiated to enable this but it was put on hold, we do not have any specific timeline when this will be available for official release.

We advise you to use Linux distribution instead for this feature.

Sincerely,

Iffa

SergeyMalykhin
Beginner

Iffa,

Thank you for prompt reply. Will continue with Linux.

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos