Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Custom model development for Myriad X - criteria to achieve optimal model performance with VPU

dilip96
New Contributor I

Hi, what are the model development criteria for efficient use of the Myriad X VPU?

For example, out of the 128 MB flash what is the optimum storage I can use?

VPU operates at ~1 TOPS is it advisable if my model uses maximum performance?

Any other, hardware specific criteria like this?

The OpenVINO document lists what are layers and frameworks supported, I am looking for more Myriad X specific Criteria for custom model development.

Thank you.

Reagrds, Dilip.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Dilip,

Thanks for reaching out.

MYRIAD X VPU delivers very high processing throughput coupled with more than sufficient memory bandwidth to deliver unprecedented levels of low power consumption and performance. There are no hardware specific criteria to be followed for MYRIADX. Please ensure that your design and development conform to the requirements/specifications as provided in MYRIADX datasheet.

For model development, make sure all the operations in your model are supported, refer to Supported Framework Layers. If your model contains any operations that are not in the list of known operations, the Model Optimizer will not be able to generate an Intermediate Representation (IR) for the model. Also, please note that only FP16 model format is supported for VPU Plugins (HDDL and MYRIAD). You may refer to this Supported Devices documentation.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Dilip,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided relevant information. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos