Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

DL Streamer python sample not running

Shantanu_Bakare
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to run DL Streamer on Intel GPU.

I am working with a Ubuntu 18.04 running on an Intel i7 8th Gen CPU and 16 GB RAM machine. OpenVino Version is 2021.3.394. The complete installation was done as per official documentation and all the drivers were installed properly.

In this env, I tried running dl streamer python sample and it ran properly(refer to image_1.png). Then I tried running it again by changing the device, for GST pipeline elements, from CPU to GPU in the code(refer to image_2.png). It gave no errors or anything but there was no output window(refer to image_3.png).

What might be the problem here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Shantanu_Bakare,

We have validated the python sample for both CPU and GPU without any issue. Inference on GPU might take a longer time to load compared with CPU. I would advise you to install a GPU driver based on this documentation then execute the same command.

./draw_face_attributes.sh

Regards,

Aznie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Shantanu_Bakare,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are currently investigating this issue and will get back to you with the information soon.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Shantanu_Bakare,

We have validated the python sample for both CPU and GPU without any issue. Inference on GPU might take a longer time to load compared with CPU. I would advise you to install a GPU driver based on this documentation then execute the same command.

./draw_face_attributes.sh

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
Shantanu_Bakare
Beginner

Hi,
The problem was not related to drivers. It was related to model loading time.
CPU model takes around 2-3 secs to load on the machine I am using, but the GPU model takes around 80-100 secs.
Earlier I observed it for around 30-40 secs and thought that there might be some issue.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Shantanu_Bakare,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos