Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6386 Discussions

DL Workbench error (Illegal instruction (core dumped))

Kalimullin__Fanis

Hi,

Trying to run DL Workbench using docker:

docker run --rm -p 5665:5665 --name workbench --privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb -v /dev/dri:/dev/dri -PROXY_HOST_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0 -e PORT=5665 -it openvino/workbench:latest

But it hangs forever with messages: 'Celery is not ready to the moment. Retry in 2 seconds'

My small investigation is that entrypoint.package.sh tries to run celery worker but it fails with the message: 'Illegal instruction (core dumped)'. I suppose it's because target CPU (N4200) doesn't support AVX instructions set.

Could you recommend workaround to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Kalimullin, Fanis,

Sorry you're having trouble. We are looking into this.

Shubha

0 Kudos
Peter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Shubha, Fanis,

Was there any resolution to this? I see celery trapping invalid opcodes from the libmxnet.so module distributed with Python from dmesg output. It's not obvious how this can be changed to SSE from AVX which would be suitable for Atom.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Pete,

I was able to run the DL workbench with the following command. I did see the Celery message as above but the web GUI was still accessible.

docker run -p 127.0.0.1:5665:5665 \
                --name workbench \
                --privileged \
                -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb \
                -v /dev/dri:/dev/dri \
                -e PROXY_HOST_ADDRESS=0.0.0.0 \
                -e PORT=5665 \
                -it openvino/workbench:latest

Could you share additional information about the system you are using?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Peter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Jesus,

Same as the issue reporter, Atom N4200, 4 core, 1.1HGz Pentium branded. 4GB RAM: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/95592/intel-pentium-processor-n4200-2m-cache-up-to-2-5-ghz.html
My start command is the same as yours.

Regards

Pete

0 Kudos