Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Demo 1 stuck on line 'Loading model' using MYRIAD

Meharwade__Rushikesh

Hi Team,

I recently purchased NCS2 device, for POC required by one of the well known CAR manufacturing company. For me demo's are working with -d CPU option but when I run it with -d MYRIAD argument, my command line is stuck infinitely on 'Loading the model to the plugin' text. Same command has worked only one time previously. I am using Window 10 in this case. Can someone help me to debug this?

Below is the complete output:

[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 1.4
        Build .................. 19154
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ]     C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456\deployment_tools\demo\\car.png
[ INFO ] Loading plugin

API version ............ 1.5
        Build .................. 19154
        Description ....... myriadPlugin
[ INFO ] Loading network files:
        C:\Users\rushi\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP16\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.xml
        C:\Users\rushi\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP16\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.bin
[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs
[ WARNING ] Image is resized from (787, 259) to (227, 227)
[ INFO ] Batch size is 1
[ INFO ] Preparing output blobs
[ INFO ] Loading model to the plugin

This program is not going beyond this line.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Under deployment_tools\inference_engine\external\MovidiusDriver\ there is a Movidius_VSC_Device.inf

Did you right-click and Install ?

0 Kudos
Meharwade__Rushikesh

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

Under deployment_tools\inference_engine\external\MovidiusDriver\ there is a Movidius_VSC_Device.inf

Did you right-click and Install ?

Yes Shubha, I installed drivers too. Tried it multiple times. First time it required a restart now it just says 'Operation completed successfully'. 

As it comes to 'Loading model to plugin' step, within drivers it changes its name to 'VSC Loopback device' too.

0 Kudos
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hello Rushikesh,

Had a similar issue on Linux (hang after NCS plug-in load) and in my case it was because I forgot to copy the ./mvnc folder that had files the NCS needed. 

Could you check if you have the ./mvnc folder in the same place where you load the myriad plug-in (dll or so) from .

Cheers,

nikos

0 Kudos
Meharwade__Rushikesh

Hi Niko and Shubha , thanks for helping but my problem got resolved automatically after plugging in device after 2 days without any changes. I will reopen the thread in case of similar concern.

0 Kudos