Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6480 Discussions

Does OpenVINO support UP Vision Plus X ( 3xMyriad X)?

IDPBY
Beginner

I was trying to setup the UP Vision Plus X (3xMyriadX) in OpenVINO Version 2021.4.582. However, I am not sure about how to setup it correctly and enable all the MyriadX sticks in the hardware. Could anyone guide me steps by steps in the setup and configuration? Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi IDPBY,

For Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs, the following additional installation steps are required.

1.      Set the environment variables:

source /opt/intel/openvino_2021/bin/setupvars.sh

2.      Install dependencies:

${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/install_IVAD_VPU_dependencies.sh

3.     Note, if the Linux kernel is updated after the installation, it is required to install drivers again:

cd ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/drivers

sudo ./setup.sh install

Now the dependencies are installed, and you are ready to use the Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ with the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit.

For more information, you can refer to Configuration Guide for the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit and the Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs on Linux.

To verify the HDDL is being installed properly, you can run lsusb command and able to view all the MYRIADs are being booted when first initialize HDDL. I am having Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with 2 MYRIADs on my side.

lsusb.JPG

2_MYRIAD.JPG

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
IDPBY
Beginner

Hi @Peh_Intel 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I had installed all the dependencies for HDDL. However, when I tried to run the following command:

$ python3 /opt/intel/openvino_2021/inference_engine/samples/python/hello_query_device/hello_query_device.py

I found out that 3 devices booted successfully, but the number of devices found are only 2.  What caused this to happen and is there any way to fix it? Showing 3 MyriadXShowing 3 MyriadX

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi IDPBY,

Please try to upgrade OpenVINO™ to 2022.1.0. and configure the HDDL again.

${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/install_IVAD_VPU_dependencies.sh

cd ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/drivers

sudo ./setup.sh install

After initializing HDDL, run lsusb command.

hddl.png

For your information, since the OpenVINO™ 2022.1 release, the following development tools: Model Optimizer, Post-Training Optimization Tool, Model Downloader and other Open Model Zoo tools, Accuracy Checker, and Annotation Converter are not part of the installer. These tools are now only available on pypi.org.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi IDPBY,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos