Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Does OpenVino Support Intel Xeon R Platium 8167M @ 2.0G CPU ?

TonyWong
Beginner

Dear Intel Guru,

I've tested the the OpenVino:

model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

OS is Ubuntu .  works perfect.

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep model

But on 

Intel Xeon R Platium 8167M @ 2.0G CPU 

OS is Oracle Linux (this is the deployment server, I have to use it.)

It works, but no Speed gain.

So, it might not be cause of 

Here is what I have found online relatec Xeon:

System Requirements

Hardware

Optimized for these processors:

• 6th to 12th generation Intel® Core™ processors and Intel® Xeon® processors

• 3rd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor (formerly code named Cooper Lake)

• Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor (formerly Skylake and Cascade Lake)ThanksTony

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

please note that Oracle Linux is not an officially supported or validated OS by OpenVINO. Hence issues are expected.

Here is the complete list of the OpenVINO supported hardwares with their compatible OS: OpenVINO system requirement

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
TonyWong
Beginner

Thanks, Iffa,

I've made it work on that OS,  with 10 times speed gain on a different CPU.  However, on that Xeon 8167M CPU, no speed improvement.

However, from this list,

System Requirements

Hardware

Optimized for these processors:

• 6th to 12th generation Intel® Core™ processors and Intel® Xeon® processors

• 3rd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor (formerly code named Cooper Lake)

• Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor (formerly Skylake and Cascade Lake)

So, For Xeon 8167M,   it seems to be supported. 

NOTE: on AMD CPU, no speed gain , compared with ONNX format.

Please help me check .

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

We did some further digging regarding this case. The findings are:

We have not specifically tested OpenVINO with Xeon Platinum 8167M, moreover, this processor is supposed to be a non-public SKU, so we cannot give any information on it as non-public SKUs are available only to some direct customers.

Improvement in inference performance compared to an original framework depends on the framework and a particular model used.

You can check the performance results for various public NN models on various hardware at https://docs.openvino.ai/latest/openvino_docs_performance_benchmarks_openvino.html and approximately estimate it for Xeon Platinum 8167M.

What NN model do you use? And do you have a chance to test it on other Xeon Scalable 1st gen SKU?

As for platform settings we recommend the following:

Hyper-Threading - ON

Turbo Boost – ON

Power Policy - Performance

You can potentially increase performance by using INT8 as a model precision and batch size = 1.

Also, in order to rule out a problem with custom application code, you can check the performance (latency & throughput) with the OV Benchmark app.

Please make sure you are using either the latest 2021.4.2 build or any LTS release.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos