Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

[Error 7] Toolkit Error: USB Failure. Code: No devices found

idata
Employee

During I do "make examples", I encounter the error "[Error 7] Toolkit Error: USB Failure. Code: No devices found",

I have tried this on ubuntu 16.04 on Virtualbox & Vmware Workstation, but in that 2 cases, I met same error.

Could anybody let me have solution about this ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

@hibill Please make sure that you've followed the directions here for VM machine setup and USB filter setup for the NCS device. Please double check these settings and make sure the USB filters are configured while the VM is powered off. You can always try running the NCS device with a physical machine if you want to narrow down any issue down to being VM related.

Start the VM and try running the commands lsusb and dmesg to see if your NCS device was able to enumerate. If you have setup the VM correctly and the NCS device was unable to enumerate, you may have a bad device.

If your device was able to enumerate, try running the hello_ncs app. This app uses the API to open and close the device and ensures that the device is working.

If your device is not working and is within 30 days of purchase, you can return it to the online retailer from where you purchased the NCS device from. Otherwise you will have to open a Intel support warranty claim at the Intel support site

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have successfully compiled the NCSDK2 kit on my Mac running Ubuntu 16.04 through VirtualBox. The Movidius Stick appears in the VM machine when I do an "lsusb" at the Terminal. But, it disappears after the "make examples" gives me an error. The attached screenshot explains what happens. The compilation is done in the Terminal-window on the left, while the "lsusb" results (with "date") are shown on the right.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1liOcAhgPfp-i9UARVCBw2y35WVG3Kxzx
0 Kudos