Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Error in Loading Non-Frozen Models to the Model Optimizer

RAHUL
Beginner

In MetaGraph:

python3 mo_tf.py --input_meta_graph ~/Downloads/inception_v2_224_quant_20181026/inception_v2_224_quant.ckpt.meta

Getting below error:

[ ERROR ]  Unexpected exception happened during extracting attributes for node case/cond/is_jpeg/Substr/Switch.
Original exception message: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xff in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hello Rahul,

Kindly make sure that the model you are trying to optimize using the mentioned command is a non-frozen model.

Incase you downloaded the model from Supported Frozen Quantized Topologies of Converting a TensorFlow* Model then it is a frozen model and to generate IR using it, kindly use the following command

python mo_tf.py –input_model <model_dir>/inception_v2_224_quant_frozen.pb –input_shape [1,224,224,3].

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
RAHUL
Beginner

You are right I am using Quantized Topologies  but in that directory it contains both files frozen and non-frozen. As it is getting required files for non-frozen, it shouldn't work?

0 Kudos
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Rahul,

To know how to convert frozen and non-frozen models of Tensorflow. Kindly refer to Converting a TensorFlow* Model.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
RAHUL
Beginner

If inception_v2_224_quant.ckpt.meta  is not a non-frozen file then please give me link of non-frozen files.

My understanding is .meta, .index , checkpoint, .ckpt-data are non-frozen files and .pb comes in frozen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

0 Kudos
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Rahul,

As per Converting a TensorFlow* Model for the Supported Frozen Quantized Topologies, the frozen model file (.pb file) should be fed to the Model Optimizer.

You are right regarding the non-frozen files.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
RAHUL
Beginner

Hi Surya,

Can you please explain what the below command does. It is under point 2 of Loading Non-Frozen Models to the Model Optimizer link.

python3 mo_tf.py --input_meta_graph <INPUT_META_GRAPH>.meta

Thanks

0 Kudos