Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Error in pedestrian_tracker_demo

Orlov__Sergey
Beginner

I try to run demo example:

./pedestrian_tracker_demo -i /work/pedestrians/crosswalk.avi \
                          -m_det /pedestrian_tracking/Retail/object_detection/pedestrian/rmnet_ssd/0013/dldt/person-detection-retail-0013.xml \
                          -m_reid /pedestrian_tracking/Retail/object_reidentification/pedestrian/rmnet_based/0031/dldt/ person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml \
                          -d_det CPU

But I meet the following error:

root@mycomp:~/inference_engine_samples_build/intel64/Release# ./pedestrian_tracker_demo -i /work/pedestrians/crosswalk.avi -m_det /pedestrian_tracking/Retail/object_detection/pedestrian/rmnet_ssd/0013/dldt/person-detection-retail-0013.xml -m_reid /pedestrian_tracking/Retail/object_reidentification/pedestrian/rmnet_based/0031/dldt/ person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml
InferenceEngine: 
    API version ............ 1.6
    Build .................. custom_releases/2019/R1.1_28dfbfdd28954c4dfd2f94403dd8dfc1f411038b
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
Loading plugin CPU

API version ............ 1.6
    Build .................. 23780
    Description ....... MKLDNNPlugin
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::__ios_failure'
  what():  basic_filebuf::underflow error reading the file: iostream error
Aborted (core dumped)

How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Orlov, Sergey,

Kindly keep in mind that the pedestrian_tracker_demo is a sample, so it may not work with your *.avi file. I just tried it on OpenVinoR2 with intel sample mp4 videos and they worked fine, definitely no core dump. If your *.avi file causes a core dump you will have to modify the code to adapt to your avi file.

Thanks,

Shubha

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Orlov, Sergey,

Please download OpenVino 2019R2 which we just released yesterday. Please give it a try and report your results here.

Thanks !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Orlov__Sergey
Beginner

Shubha R. (Intel), I installed the new version of OpenVINO, but meet the same error:

root@mycomp:~/omz_demos_build/intel64/Release# ./pedestrian_tracker_demo -i /work/pedestrians/crosswalk.avi \
>                           -m_det /models/pedestrian_tracking/Retail/object_detection/pedestrian/rmnet_ssd/0013/dldt/person-detection-retail-0013.xml \
>                           -m_reid //models/pedestrian_tracking/Retail/object_reidentification/pedestrian/rmnet_based/0031/dldt/ person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml \
>                           -d_det CPU
InferenceEngine: 
	API version ............ 2.0
	Build .................. custom_releases/2019/R2_f5827d4773ebbe727c9acac5f007f7d94dd4be4e
	Description ....... API
Parsing input parameters
Loading device CPU
	CPU
	MKLDNNPlugin version ......... 2.0
	Build ........... 27579

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::__ios_failure'
  what():  basic_filebuf::underflow error reading the file: iostream error
Aborted (core dumped)

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Orlov, Sergey,

Kindly keep in mind that the pedestrian_tracker_demo is a sample, so it may not work with your *.avi file. I just tried it on OpenVinoR2 with intel sample mp4 videos and they worked fine, definitely no core dump. If your *.avi file causes a core dump you will have to modify the code to adapt to your avi file.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Orlov__Sergey
Beginner

Shubha R. (Intel), It helps me. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Orlov, Sergey

Sure ! No problem. Glad to help,

Thanks,