Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Error loading model into plugin

Murugappan__Indrajit

Hi

I have converted my models to FP32 IR successfully and was able to do inference without any issues. I also converted the same models to FP16 IR but when I try to load these FP16 models I get this error with CPU option:

Error loading model into plugin: The plugin does not support models of FP16 data type.

When I selected the GPU option, I got this message:

Error loading model into plugin: [NOT_IMPLEMENTED] Input image format FP16is not supported yet...

I'm running it on Windows 10.Should I have to change anything else for using FP16 IR models?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, The CPU currently only support FP32, if you would like to apply model for FP16, please specify other device. Intel GPU, Movidius & FPGA support FP16. Which version of CVSDK are you using? For very old version, I am afraid the implementation might not be finished. Please try with latest version, and sand private message if you have more request.

0 Kudos
Murugappan__Indrajit

I have CVSDK 1.0 Beta 2017R3 (version: 1.0.5852). I think that was the latest version available for me to download.

Also, could you please let me know how to send private message?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Hou_y_1
Beginner

Murugappan, Indrajit wrote:

I have CVSDK 1.0 Beta 2017R3 (version: 1.0.5852). I think that was the latest version available for me to download.

Also, could you please let me know how to send private message?

Thanks

I met the same problem. I converted caffemodel to fp16 IR. and I set options GPU.

InferenceEngine: 
	API version ............ 1.0
	Build .................. 5852
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] No extensions provided
[ INFO ] Loading plugin
107/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2017.1.163/inference_engine/lib/ubuntu_16.04/intel64
117GPU

API version ............ 0.1
	Build .................. prod-02709
	Description ....... clDNNPlugin

[ INFO ] Loading network files
[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs
[ INFO ] Batch size is 1
[ INFO ] Preparing output blobs
[ INFO ] Loading model to the plugin
[ ERROR ] [NOT_IMPLEMENTED] Input image format FP16is not supported yet...

I alert the test code 

/** Set the precision of input data provided by the user, should be called before load of the network to the plugin **/
            item.second->setInputPrecision(Precision::U8);

but I get the error 

InferenceEngine: 
	API version ............ 1.0
	Build .................. 5852
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] No extensions provided
[ INFO ] Loading plugin
107/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2017.1.163/inference_engine/lib/ubuntu_16.04/intel64
117GPU

API version ............ 0.1
	Build .................. prod-02709
	Description ....... clDNNPlugin

[ INFO ] Loading network files
[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs
[ INFO ] Batch size is 1
[ INFO ] Preparing output blobs
[ INFO ] Loading model to the plugin
[ INFO ] Start inference (1 iterations)
[ ERROR ] [PARAMETER_MISMATCH] Failed to set Blob with precision not corresponding user input precision

0 Kudos