Mohamedou__Ahmed
Beginner

Error when programming Intel PAC with OpenVino bitstreams

I have Intel PAC with the latest FIM version. Running 

sudo fpgainfo fme

shows:

FW version 26889

Pr Interface Id: 69528db6-eb31-577a-8c36-68f9faa081f6

I have succefully programmed it with hello world bitstream. When I tried to program it with bitstreams provided with OpenVino as follow:

aocl program acl0 /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_fpga_2018.5.445/bitstreams/a10_dcp_bitstreams/5-0_RC_FP16_ResNet_ELU.aocx

This error keeps showing:

aocl program: Running program from /home/centos/inteldevstack/a10_gx_pac_ias_1_2_pv/opencl/opencl_bsp/linux64/libexec

libopae-c bitstream.c:387:validate_bitstream_metadata() **ERROR** : Interface ID check failed

Error writing bitstream to FPGA: invalid parameter

Error programming device

aocl program: Program failed.

How to resolve this error?

Thanks

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Mohamedou__Ahmed
Beginner

@Maheshwari

Maybe, it is a permission issue. Please, check this:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/iyu1522005567196.html#shr15354015...

@Gagan

To best of my knowledge, there is no direct way to convert pre-trained models to bitstreams. Usually, FPGAs are very constrained in term of resources (i.e. logic elements, DSP, memory ...). Most of practical deep learning models (practical in term of accuracy) are very large. Hence, you need to design FPGA hardware (create bitstreams) in way that overcome these constraints while deliver high performance. You will need to implement deep learning ops such as 2D convolution at the hardware level. It is not a trivial task. Please, check:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/mwh1391807965224.html   ;

Gdeep
Beginner

Dear Ahmed 

You are right to generate the bitstreams for over custom object or for another pre-trained model, we need to used Intel SDK opencl software, Thanx for your valuable time and your support Ahmed I will try to work on this software to generate bitstreams