Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Error while running object detection sample described in install guide for openvino for raspbian

Raghunandan__Chakrav

Hello,

I've followed all the instructions described in: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html

Also installed all dependencies for openvino toolkit as detailed in the install dependencies script and opencv-python package for python3.

I am using a Intel Movidius NCS 2 stick on a raspbian lite distribution, and I was successful in compiling the sample as described in the docs. But when I try to run the face detection sample on a sampel image that I captured on a raspberry pi camera, I get an error, please see the log messages and error below:

[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
	API version ............ 1.6
	Build .................. 23780
Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ]     /evening/480p-0033.jpg
[ INFO ] Loading plugin

API version ............ 1.6
	Build .................. 23780
	Description ....... myriadPlugin
[ INFO ] Loading network files:
	face-detection-adas-0001.xml
	face-detection-adas-0001.bin
[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs
[ INFO ] Batch size is 1
[ INFO ] Preparing output blobs
[ INFO ] Loading model to the plugin
[ WARNING ] Image is resized from (848, 480) to (672, 384)
[ INFO ] Batch size is 1
[ INFO ] Start inference (1 iterations)
E: [xLink] [    505293] dispatcherEventReceive:347	dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -1 | event 0x739fee00 XLINK_READ_REL_RESP

E: [xLink] [    505293] eventReader:233	eventReader stopped
E: [xLink] [    505294] XLinkReadDataWithTimeOut:1343	Event data is invalid
E: [ncAPI] [    505294] ncFifoReadElem:3353	Packet reading is failed.
E: [ncAPI] [    505296] ncFifoDestroy:3176	Failed to write to fifo before deleting it!
[ ERROR ] Failed to read output from FIFO: NC_ERROR

What does this error mean and how do I fix/debug it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Raghunandan, Chakravarthy

OpenVino 2019R1.1 was just released this week. Please download it and try it.

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Raghunandan__Chakrav

Hello Subha,

I had downloaded the latest openvino toolkit for raspbian. This was the name of the file: l_openvino_toolkit_raspbi_p_2019.1.144.tgz

Should I install the full linux package instead of the raspbian one?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Raghunandan, Chakravarthy,

According to the raspbian install doc you should install the l_openvino_toolkit_raspbi_p_<version>.tgz. But I'm quite surprised that the latest for you is 144. The other mainstream versions are *.148. 

Are you sure you're getting the latest and greatest 2019R1.1 ?

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Raghunandan__Chakrav

Hi Shubha,

Please find a screenshot of what I see in the downloads page: https://imgur.com/CO2eEHx

I selected 2019R1.1 and I can only see 144 version for raspbian. Can you please check and let me know if this the latest version or not? If not can you please send a download link to the latest 148 version?

Our work has been stuck because we are unable to run any models using NCS2 on raspbian and my boss is getting uncomfortable because of the business impact it can have. Please help me resolve this problem asap.

Thanks

0 Kudos