Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

GStreamer error on Raspberry Buster with Open CV

Hust__Tobias
Beginner

Installed latest OpenVINO release on Buster Raspberrypi 4 4GB with Compute Stick2. Face demo works fine, both C native and python cv2 script. I can also run a RTSP security cam feed just fine with python cv2 and an inference model.

However, when trying to run a video file on the inference model, I get an error. See here:

>>> cap = cv2.VideoCapture('Lang_schlechte_quali.mp4')
[ WARN:0] global /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (480) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created
VIDIOC_REQBUFS: Inappropriate ioctl for device

What to do? Thanks for the help in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Thank you for reaching out.

Are you modifying the demo scripts (either C or Python) to get this working or are you writing your own code?

When you running the program, does it crash? Or it continues to run regardless of the error/warning?

Regards,

Mauricio.

0 Kudos
Karedla__Hiranmai

Hi Mauricio R,

I am modifying demo code which is in python. I am getting GStreamer pipeline error while reading live stream data from an ip camera

can you help me out?

0 Kudos