Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Getting ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'common.utils' error

HS05
Beginner

I was trying to convert the yolo-v4-tf model available in openvino. So, when I run the command with converter.py, I'm getting this error and I don't know how to fix it. I installed common-utils using 'pip install common-utils' as well and still didn't work.

Other than that, I am also getting an error while I try to execute one of the other models: '[ERROR] Parameter -labels is not set' and since I have started to work on openvino very recently, I would appreciate some clarification on this as well.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi HS05,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I’ve validated that the conversion for Intel public model, yolo-v4-tf is working fine by running the command with converter.py.

After running the downloader.py, yolov4.weights file and keras-YOLOv3-model-set folder will be generated. Inside the keras-YOLOv3-model-set folder, there are few folders as well. The utils.py file is located inside the common folder.

Please re-run the downloader.py to download all these folders and files and then converter.py to convert the yolo-v4-tf model into IR.

python downloader.py --name yolo-v4-tf

python converter.py --name yolo-v4-tf

For your second question, this --labels parameter can be required or optional depends on the demo. You can refer to all the options of the demo in our OpenVINO™ Toolkit documentation or in its README.md file, which is located in the demo directory.

For this Action Recognition Python Demo, the --labels parameter is optional.

For this Classification C++ Demo, the --labels parameter is required.

And for this --labels parameter, it is required to specify the path to the .txt file with labels.

--labels <INSTAL_DIR>\openvino_2021.3.394\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\data\dataset_classes\<dataset_relevant_model.txt>

You can refer to more information regarding the relevant .txt file with each supported model in the Classification C++ Demo.

Please also refer to the models.lst file, which is located in the demo directory for all the supported models by that demo.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
HS05
Beginner

Thanks for your reply, Peh

I tried re-running the above downloader.py and converter.py commands. I am getting the same error as before:

None
Saved Keras model to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\public\yolo-v4-tf\yolo-v4.h5
Read 64429405 of 64429405.0 from Darknet weights.
2021-06-22 13:00:44.609104: W tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:59] Could not load dynamic library 'cudart64_101.dll'; dlerror: cudart64_101.dll not found
2021-06-22 13:00:44.609286: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cudart_stub.cc:29] Ignore above cudart dlerror if you do not have a GPU set up on your machine.
WARNING:tensorflow:From C:\Users\hs05\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\tensorflow\python\compat\v2_compat.py:96: disable_resource_variables (from tensorflow.python.ops.variable_scope) is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
Instructions for updating:
non-resource variables are not supported in the long term
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\public\yolo-v4-tf\keras-YOLOv3-model-set\tools\model_converter\keras_to_tensorflow.py", line 25, in <module>
from common.utils import get_custom_objects
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'common.utils'; 'common' is not a package
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.3.394\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\models\public\yolo-v4-tf\pre-convert.py", line 46, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.3.394\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\models\public\yolo-v4-tf\pre-convert.py", line 38, in main
subprocess.run([sys.executable, '--',
File "C:\Users\hs05\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\subprocess.py", line 512, in run
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['C:\\Users\\hs05\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python38\\python.exe', '--', 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\openvino_2021\\deployment_tools\\tools\\model_downloader\\public\\yolo-v4-tf\\keras-YOLOv3-model-set\\tools\\model_converter\\keras_to_tensorflow.py', '--input_model=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\openvino_2021\\deployment_tools\\tools\\model_downloader\\public\\yolo-v4-tf\\yolo-v4.h5', '--output_model=C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\openvino_2021\\deployment_tools\\tools\\model_downloader\\public\\yolo-v4-tf\\yolo-v4.pb']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

FAILED:
yolo-v4-tf

Can you let me know which version of python are you using and/or anything that can help me resolve this error? BTW, I am using Python 3.8.0.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi HS05,

There are some issues for Python 3.8 to work in OpenVINO™ 2021.3. This issue has been fixed and will be available for the next distribution release which is OpenVINO™ 2021.4.

Please downgrade Python version to Python 3.7.

For your information, I am using Python 3.7.9 on my side.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi HS05,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos