Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Help: Inference on FPGA

rico22
New Contributor I

Hi, everyone.  I am planning to accelerate a CNN model on FPGA using Intel OpenVINO. I am doing my project on Windows OS. I have generated the IR files of the pre-trained vgg16 CNN model using the model optimizer features in OpenVINO and run it on CPU and GPU. Now, I am trying to accelerate the performance on FPGA, however, FPGA support in Intel OpenVINO ended in October 2021. As far as I know, I need to use the Intel FPGA AI Suite or DLA Suite to complete my project. Unfortunately, the Intel FPGA AI Suite is not downloadable. I tried to download the older version of OpenVINO for FPGA in Windows here (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/openvino-toolkit/download-previous-versions.html?operatingsystem=windowfpga&distributions=webdownload&options=offline), but it seems like the options for older versions aren't there. It directs me to the newer versions (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/openvino-toolkit/download.html). I am stuck. I don't know what my next step would be.  I am running out of time. Please, help me out. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi rico22,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You are correct, the last version of OpenVINO™ toolkit that supported FPGA-based cards was 2020.3.2 LTS, and that support has ended in October 2021. You can refer here for more information.

Unfortunately, the older versions of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Windows FPGA are no longer available to download. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For your information, inquiries regarding Intel® FPGA AI Suite should be directed to your Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) account manager or contact PSG via the form here.

Regards,

Megat

rico22
New Contributor I

Hi, Megat_Intel. Thank you for your reply. I would like to use the IR model on FPGA with the help of OpenVINO, but it seems like I need the Intel FPGA AI Suite. I filled up the form and submitted it promptly. The responsible person provided me with this link (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/programmable/fpga-ai-suite/overview.html). The link doesn't have any downloadable option. How should I contact my Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) account manager? I need to complete my project. What should I do now? I am stuck!

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi rico22,

For Intel® FPGA AI Suite, you need to click the link to contact Intel Sales for pricing and availability. Then, fill up the form and submit your request. Our Sales team shall contact you accordingly. We appreciate your patience on this.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi rico22,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a suggestion. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos