Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

How to fix an OpenVino error during Pynq-Z1 installation.

bben011
Beginner

Hello 

I need to get my NCS2 running on a PYNQ-Z1 board. As the OpenVINO installation is mandatory to get the NCS2 detected, I decided to try the installation the OpenVino toolkit used for the Raspberry under a Raspbian Os, by following the tutorial of the link below:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html

I successfully installed the OpenVino without any errors. I have also successfully built and run the object detection sample. When I try to run my example, I got this error: 

- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino'

if I use: from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IEPlugin instruction   

- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'armv7l'

If I use: from armv7l.openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IEPlugin instruction.

I have tried the same example on a Raspberry Pi 3 and it works.

Is there any suggestion on how to fix this error.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi bben01,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please try building OpenVINO™ toolkit from source using this guide and see if the error still happens.

Regards,

David C.

0 Kudos
bben011
Beginner

Hi DavidC

Thank you for your quick reply, I will try the installation according to the guide and let you know.

Bests regards

0 Kudos