Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

How to install on macOS

Thibault__Pierre
Beginner

If I go to Get Started with Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2, I cannot find the instructions for installing on macOS. But I can download the installer at https://software.intel.com/en-us/openvino-toolkit/choose-download/free-download-macos. And then when I open the installer application, I have a message saying that the application is potentially a malware and that I have to contact the developer of the application. I cannot start the installer. Can you help me install OpenVino on macOS Catalina?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Thibault__Pierre
Beginner

And I am also unable to download the installer using Firefox. I have to use Chrome. Otherwise, the download page does not display properly.

0 Kudos
Thibault__Pierre
Beginner

I found that I can start the installer application if I use the Open command from the contextual menu. This is solving my issue.

0 Kudos
Thibault__Pierre
Beginner

I talked too fast. The installer says  the operating system is not supported. I says it needs version 10.13 while I have version 10.15. So I cannot install.

0 Kudos
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Pierre,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try following this guide to install the OpenVINO™ toolkit for MacOS, you will find everything you need there.

If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos
Thibault__Pierre
Beginner

The registration page https://software.seek.intel.com/openvino-toolkit?os=macos is broken on Firefox. I have to use Chrome. Then the software does not install on macOS Catalina 10.15. It needs to be updated.

0 Kudos
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for your reply.

We have reported the issue to the developers. In the meantime, you can take a look at the following Apple guide and choose to run the application.

If you need more help, I will be happy to help you.

Regards, 

David

0 Kudos
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Pierre, 

Unfortunately, OpenVINO™ toolkit is not currently supported on MacOS Catalina. To suppress the warning and continue with the install use shift + right click and select open.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos