Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

How to run openvino model on cpu on raspberry pi

TarunM
Beginner

I am able to install and run openvino models on raspberry pi on Myriad VPU. But not able to run on CPU. 

Getting the error:-

pi@raspberrypi:~/build/armv7l/Release $ source /opt/intel/openvino_2021/bin/setupvars.sh
[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized
pi@raspberrypi:~/build/armv7l/Release $ ./object_detection_sample_ssd -m ../../../deblur/intel/person-detection-retail-0013/FP32/person-detection-retail-0013.xml -i pedestrian-friendly-streets_0.jpg
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
IE version ......... 2021.4.0
Build ........... 2021.4.0-3839-cd81789d294-releases/2021/4
Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ] pedestrian-friendly-streets_0.jpg
[ INFO ] Loading Inference Engine
[ INFO ] Device info:
[ ERROR ] Failed to create plugin libarmPlugin.so for device CPU
Please, check your environment
Cannot load library 'libarmPlugin.so': libarmPlugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TarunM
Beginner

this link helped me:- https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino_contrib/blob/master/modules/arm_plugin/README.md

but now ot able to use MYRIAD

E: [ncAPI] [ 447181] [pedestrian_trac] ncDeviceOpen:1013 Failed to find booted device after boot
[ ERROR ] Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi TarunM,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are investigating this issue and will update you at the earliest.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Aleksandr_Voron
Employee

Hi TarunM,

Do I understand correctly your case?

1. You were able to successfully run model inference on Myriad VPU before ARM CPU plugin installation.

2. You copied libarmPlugin.so to OpenVINO lib folder

3. You tried to run model inference on CPU (by omitting -d flag) and got the error "Failed to find booted device after boot"

If I'm correct with your case could you please share the command you used to run model inference on Myriad (command you used on the 1st step)?

Probably, the cause of the issue is misconfigured USB rules. Did you add USB rules for the device? If no, please try to add them: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html#add-usb-rules

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi TarunM,

Have you solved the issue after referred to Aleksandr_Voron's suggestion?

Please get back to us if the issue persists.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi TarunM,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a suggestion. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos