Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

How to view utilization/usage of the myriad stick?

Nordling__Love1
Beginner

Hi,

I have been trying to get a number for how much of the myriad stick is being used but I have not been able to find any information regarding this in the API. Is it possible to get this information via for example a terminal or python command? I would like something similar to the terminal command "nvidia-smi" or the python command "psutil.cpu_percent()" but for the myriad stick

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no tool to get information regarding memory usage/utilization on the Neural Compute Stick. Was there a particular memory issue you were running into?

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
nordling__love
Beginner

We need it for commercial purposes, to show that we are actually using the neural compute stick and not just the CPU. How come there is no such tool though? The openvino software must know the utilization to be able to allocate memory needed for a network so the information should already be there somewhere in the code, right?

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi,

We do know that the Neural Compute Stick 2 has an internal memory of 500 MB, but there isn't a tool that will give information about memory allocation. 

Just a note, when converting your model in the Model Optimizer, convert with data type FP 16 to run on the NCS2 and specify -d MYRIAD when running your model. That way the CPU will not be utilized when running inference (unless you are using the Heterogeneous Plugin or Multi- Device Plugin).

Best Regards,

Sahira

0 Kudos