Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

ImportError: DLL load failed: Le module spécifié est introuvable.

Aya2
Beginner

So I'm still new in facial recognition and using openvino.

I'm trying to work with the face_recognition_demo.

I'm having this error, and I can't understand its source.

Aya2_0-1616867041791.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Aya Abidi,

Thank you for reaching out. Most probably, this error is due to no setupvars.bat. Please set the environment variables and run the demo again using below steps:

The steps to run the Interactive Face Recognition Demo

(https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2020.3/_demos_python_demos_face_recognition_demo_README.html) :

1.Set the environment variables. You can follow:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2020.3/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html#set-the-environment-variables

2.Go to the face recognition demo path:

cd <INSTALL_DIR>\openvino_2020.3.194\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\demos\python_demos\face_recognition_demo

3.Run Installation and dependencies for the Interactive Face Recognition Demo:

pip install -r requirements.txt

4.Lastly, run the demo:

python ./face_recognition_demo.py -h

Regards,

Syamimi Fauzi

0 Kudos
Aya2
Beginner

hello Syamimi_Intel,

thank you for replying to my question.

So I followed these steps

1.Set the environment variables

Aya2_0-1617104813680.png

so I always get this warning about the libmmd.dll, again I researched for a solution, but I couldn't find the source of this problem.

2.Go to the face recognition demo path:

cd <INSTALL_DIR>\openvino_2020.3.194\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\demos\python_demos\face_recognition_demo

3.Run Installation and dependencies for the Interactive Face Recognition Demo:

pip install -r requirements.txt

requirements already satisfies because I went through this steps before

Aya2_2-1617105368422.png

4.Lastly, run the demo:

python ./face_recognition_demo.py -h

this error shows up

Aya2_3-1617105565811.png

it's an OpenCV error so I thought to search for a solution I found this :

pip uninstall opencv-python
opencv-contrib-python

but the same cv2 error is still showing

So what did I do wrong, or what did I miss

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Aya Abidi,

pip uninstall opencv-python is used for uninstalling OpenCV.

You mentioned about some solutions that you searched. I presume you saw the solution below:

https://datascience.stackexchange.com/a/20330

Here, the user used the above command to remove previous versions of opencv-python and opencv-contrib-python installed his/her system. If you notice correctly, installing opencv was suggested as the next immediate step.

You will get import cv2 ImportError when cv2 module is not properly installed on your machine. As such, please install OpenCV using the following command:

pip install opencv-python

After that, open a new terminal and set the environment variables. Then, try to run the demo again.

I've re-verified the steps on my side, and the demo is working as intended.

Regards,

Syamimi Fauzi

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

According to messages you posted you do not have Intel Compiler redistributable installed (the warning about libmmd.dll when running setupvars.bat). I think older OpenVINO (2020.3) requires it for one of components.

Intel C++ Compiler Installer Redist package can be downloaded here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/redistributable-libraries-for-intel-c-and-fortran-2020-compilers-for-windows.html

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

0 Kudos