Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Inference Engine API: undefined reference to `tbb::interface7::internal in libinference_engine.so on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

fschu12
Beginner

I want to get the Inference Engine API run with a gdb Remote Linux Project in Visual Studio. I m using Ubuntu 16.04 wantet to test with the "classification_sample". I get the error

"undefined reference to `tbb::interface7::internal::task_arena_base::internal_max_concurrency(tbb::interface7::task_arena const*)'   Benchmark   C:\opt\intel\openvino_2019.1.094\deployment_tools\inference_engine\lib\intel64\libinference_engine.so"

Im linking these librarys:

dl

dliaPlugin

HeteroPlugin

dla_compiler_core

mkl_tiny_tbb

gna_api

gna_kernel

inference_engine

cpu_extension

gflags_nothreads

format_reader

Am I missing something? It doesnt matter if I also link tbb. I attached the Visual Studio Project if this helps.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear schuricht, falk,

I assume you are using the non-open source version of OpenVino. The Open Source version is here https://github.com/opencv/dldt .

In any case, it looks like you are missing linking to the following files (do something like a grep *tbb* in your OpenVino directory)

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.2.242\inference_engine\lib\intel64\Release

07/22/2019  02:47 PM           100,718 tbb.lib
07/22/2019  02:47 PM             9,268 tbbmalloc.lib

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.2.242\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release

07/22/2019  02:47 PM        17,119,616 mkl_tiny_tbb.dll
07/22/2019  02:47 PM            15,929 tbb.def
07/22/2019  02:47 PM           432,000 tbb.dll
07/22/2019  02:47 PM             1,596 tbbmalloc.def
07/22/2019  02:47 PM           257,920 tbbmalloc.dll

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
fschu12
Beginner

Dear Shubha,

I tried with the openvino Version on https://github.com/opencv/dldt. I also linked the libraries you described. But I unfortunately still get unresolved references.

Here is the console output:

Building target: Benchmark

Invoking: GCC C++ Linker

gcc -L/home/administrator/Downloads/InferenceEngineGit/dldt/inference-engine/bin/intel64/Release/lib -L/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/mkltiny_lnx/lib/ -o "Benchmark"  ./src/MAIN.o   -ltbb -ltbbmalloc -linference_engine

/usr/bin/ld: ./src/MAIN.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZNKSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEE7compareEPKc@@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'

//usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

makefile:48: recipe for target 'Benchmark' failed

make: *** [Benchmark] Error 1

Can you please help me with this?

Best regards

Falk Schuricht

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Falk Schuricht,

Please read the detailed instructions on how to build a standalone project I wrote to This DLDT github poster .

Please note this part:

OpenVino does officially support CMake integration. So if you would like to write your own application you simply need to create a CMake project and just call find_package(InferenceEngine) inside (similarly to how it's done for the samples). And in this case all the includes and libraries are available by InferenceEngine_INCLUDE and _LIBRARIES correspondingly. But even in this case the OpenVino application writer should configure InferenceEngine_DIR accordingly (pointing to the folder with InferenceEngineConfig.cmake).

Thanks and I hope it helps,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Yeoh__Ru_Sern1
Beginner

Hi,

I had this problem too, I solved the problem by running my IDE from the terminal. Turns out to be because of not loading the right environment variables for running openvino. Open a terminal, source the setupvars.sh from openvino, then run your IDE/ compile from that terminal. That worked for me.

0 Kudos