Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Install OpenVINO toolkit in a virtual environment on Ubuntu

Letty
Novice

I would like to install the whole OpenVINO toolkit and its dependencies in a python virtual environment. Is it possible?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Letizia Mariotti,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can install the OpenVINO toolkit and its dependencies in the Python Virtual Environment.

Firstly, you need to install the Python Virtual Environment. You can follow steps 1, 2 and 3 from this page Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit Runtime Package.

Then, you  can download the OpenVINO toolkit by referring to the Install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Linux* documentation.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos
Letty
Novice

Thank you for your reply.

What is the difference between installing the toolkit from the package downloaded on the website and pip? If I install it only through pip will I be able to run it without problems (for example using an Neural Compute Stick) or do I need the separate installation of the full toolkit anyway?

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Letizia Mariotti,

Installation using pip install openvino is for runtime package which is you need to do the separate installation for the full toolkit.

It would be easier for you to install OpenVINO toolkit refer to the following Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Linux* documentation.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Letizia Mariotti,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos