Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Installing OpenVino 2021.2 on Windows 10

NetSpin28
Beginner

I have tried many times to install this software. At step 2 where it says to double click on the executable w_openvino_toolkit_p_2021.2.185_online.exe I do so and a splash screen for OpenVino 2021 appears for about 1 minute with a loading bar. The loading bar finishes and then nothing happens. The install guide says that a window will come up allowing me to choose the installation directory and components. That never happens. Nothing happens. I can't find that openvino or any of it's files are installed anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Adli

Hi NetSpin28,

Have to say that your hardware setup doesn't meet the minimum requirement to install the OpenVINO toolkit. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any queries regarding the OpenVINO toolkit.

Regards,

Adli

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Adli

Hi NetSpin28,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There is a possibility that your OpenVINO executable file is broken. I suggest redownloading the OpenVINO toolkit. Please follow the following link to download the OpenVINO toolkit. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
NetSpin28
Beginner

Adli,

Thank for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately, this did not work. The behavior remains the same. The splash screen comes up for about a minute. Then goes out and nothing else happens.

0 Kudos
Adli

Hi NetSpin28,

If possible, could you verify that the OpenVINO executable is not running in the background after the loading screen gone? You can accomplish that by using your device task manager.

Please also verify that your device fulfills the OpenVINO system requirements

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
NetSpin28
Beginner

Thank you again for your kind reply.

No, the OpenVino executable is not running in the background. The only thing running related to Intel is the Intel Driver and Support Assist which continually pops up.

and no, although all the software requirements are met, the hardware requirements are not. I have purchased a Neural Stick 2 but have not yet received it. I was hoping to get a jump start on development looking through the code samples to see what the calls to the stick might be. Especially the python code. Does this mean the OpenVino software will not install?

0 Kudos
Adli

Hi NetSpin28,

Thank you for your prompt response. If possible, could you share additional information regarding your CPU processor?

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
NetSpin28
Beginner

Hello Adli,

Since the NS2 is designed to operate "at the edge", I am attempting to use my laptop which unfortunately only has a 4th generation i5-4210U processor running at 1.7 to 2.4GHz. It has integrated graphics with a GPU that according to task manager has 128MB of dedicated memory and 2GB of shared memory. I had assumed that the hardware requirements were either/or. If I can't run it on this computer with the NS2 then I will have to think about investing in different h/w.

0 Kudos
Adli

Hi NetSpin28,

Have to say that your hardware setup doesn't meet the minimum requirement to install the OpenVINO toolkit. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any queries regarding the OpenVINO toolkit.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
NetSpin28
Beginner

I assume from your answer that that will also be the case after connecting the Neural Compute Stick 2 hardware. Thank you for clearing this up for me. I will seek another platform.

0 Kudos
Adli

Hi NetSpin28,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos