Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Is OpenCV4 compiled with QT extentions for highgui

milani__peter1
New Contributor I

Hi I have some code that used to work with opencv3 but now throws an exception when I try to use cv::createTrackbar or cv::createButton using the QT backends for highgui. The actual exception

OpenCV(4.1.0-openvino) /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp:573: error: (-213:The function/feature is not implemented) The library is compiled without QT support in function 'createButton'

I'm using OpenVino2019 R1, and I am wondering if the binaries have been compiled with the defiintion -DWITH_QT=ON

cheers

Peter

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

No, the binaries have been compiled with GTK2/3 support on Linux and native GUI support on Windows and OSX.

0 Kudos
milani__peter1
New Contributor I

Maksim, 

thanks for the reply, how can i get intel optimised opencv4 with qt bindings. Is there anything special between the opencv version shipped with openvino, compared to the opencv source?

cheers peter

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

Nothing special, the sources are from GitHub. Most configuration parameters are default, several dependencies are built-in, InferenceEngine integration is enabled, notable cmake options which can affect optimizations are: -DCPU_BASELINE=SSE4_2 and -DENABLE_HARDENING=ON.

0 Kudos
milani__peter1
New Contributor I

Thanks, if thats so it would be good to have a build from source option, or page with the exhaustive list of flags enabled. 

If you could share a link to such a page that would be a big help

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

No such page exists yet, currently one should use official OpenCV documentation and included opencv_version application to get cmake output. We are going to add auto-generated file with used build options in next release (R2).

0 Kudos
milani__peter1
New Contributor I

Great, that would be a big help. When is R2 expected to be released?

0 Kudos