Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Is it safe to directly change IENetwork.inputs to IENetwork.input_info?

albert5
Novice

Hi,

First of all I know there is a docs and I have already read it but it is not quite clear enough so I don't understand whether I can actually safely change inputs to input_ info I don't want to cause a big error to my program when I change it. So can anyone please guide me about this? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wan_Intel

Hi Albert Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For OpenVINO™ 2020.3 and below, user can use ‘inputs’ property of IENetwork class to access DataPtr objects. Starting from OpenVINO™ 2020.4, ‘inputs’ property of IENetwork class is deprecated. However, to access DataPtr, user need to use ‘input_data’ property of InputInfoPtr objects which can be accessed by ‘input_info’ property.

In short, for OpenVINO™ 2020.3 and earlier, ‘inputs’ property is a dictionary that maps input layer names to DataPtr objects. For OpenVINO™ 2020.4 and later, ‘input_info’ property is the dictionary that maps input layer names to InputInfoPtr objects.

Hence, we recommend you use ‘input_info’ property instead of ‘inputs’ property.

Regards,

Wan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Albert Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For OpenVINO™ 2020.3 and below, user can use ‘inputs’ property of IENetwork class to access DataPtr objects. Starting from OpenVINO™ 2020.4, ‘inputs’ property of IENetwork class is deprecated. However, to access DataPtr, user need to use ‘input_data’ property of InputInfoPtr objects which can be accessed by ‘input_info’ property.

In short, for OpenVINO™ 2020.3 and earlier, ‘inputs’ property is a dictionary that maps input layer names to DataPtr objects. For OpenVINO™ 2020.4 and later, ‘input_info’ property is the dictionary that maps input layer names to InputInfoPtr objects.

Hence, we recommend you use ‘input_info’ property instead of ‘inputs’ property.

Regards,

Wan

Wan_Intel

Hi Albert Anthony,

Thanks for your question.

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved.

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Best regards,

Wan

0 Kudos