Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Is there API-doc or C++-samples to process Stereo-cameras on Myriad X (VPU)?

ABoch5
Beginner

Is there API documentation and C++-examples to write my own C++-code to get depth-map on Myriad X (VPU) chip by using my own Stereo-camera (2 web-cameras)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Alexey,

Please read the discussions on this forum post . Many have gotten Stereo working with Myriad-X. As for a sample which demonstrates it, as aforementioned, we don't have one.

But Alexey it looks like you were a participant on that forum post, as this response was meant for you :

Response by Gilles, Brandon

Mon, 07/22/2019 - 16:08

Hi Alexey,

Yes we have stereo working and we're experimenting with different methods for smoothing it etc. and implementing these on the SHAVEs.

https://discuss.luxonis.com/d/24-initial-disparity-depth-tuning-and-experiments

So we're working on the firmware to expose the results over a Python API call.  

Feel free to shoot me an email at brandon at luxonis dot com to discuss.  Curious to hear about your end application or use-case as we're making a system that allows modular cameras so you might be able to use it directly for your stereo needs.

Best,

Brandon

Thanks,

Shubha

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Akexey,

If you are talking about something like this : OpenCV Documentation on DepthMap the answer is no, we don't have such samples in OpenVino. We do have Segmentation mask samples but of course, that is very different from Depth Map.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
ABoch5
Beginner

Shubha R. Thanks!

As I see there is "New Vision Accelerators including Stereo Depth" in the Myriad X chip: https://www.movidius.com/MyriadX

But how can I use this Stereo Depth feature in Myriad X?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Alexey,

Please read the discussions on this forum post . Many have gotten Stereo working with Myriad-X. As for a sample which demonstrates it, as aforementioned, we don't have one.

But Alexey it looks like you were a participant on that forum post, as this response was meant for you :

Response by Gilles, Brandon

Mon, 07/22/2019 - 16:08

Hi Alexey,

Yes we have stereo working and we're experimenting with different methods for smoothing it etc. and implementing these on the SHAVEs.

https://discuss.luxonis.com/d/24-initial-disparity-depth-tuning-and-experiments

So we're working on the firmware to expose the results over a Python API call.  

Feel free to shoot me an email at brandon at luxonis dot com to discuss.  Curious to hear about your end application or use-case as we're making a system that allows modular cameras so you might be able to use it directly for your stereo needs.

Best,

Brandon

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos