Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

LAPACK function dgetri_lwork could not be found

idata
Employee

Appears when running ./setup.sh in /ncapi. Example traceback (one of many)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "../../src/./mvNCCompile.py", line 99, in

File "../../src/./mvNCCompile.py", line 80, in create_graph

File "../../src/./Controllers/CaffeParser.py", line 13, in

File "/opt/movidius/caffe/python/caffe/init.py", line 1, in

from .pycaffe import Net, SGDSolver, NesterovSolver, AdaGradSolver, RMSPropSolver, AdaDeltaSolver, AdamSolver, NCCL, Timer

File "/opt/movidius/caffe/python/caffe/pycaffe.py", line 15, in

import caffe.io

File "/opt/movidius/caffe/python/caffe/io.py", line 2, in

import skimage.io

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/skimage/io/init.py", line 11, in

from ._io import *

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/skimage/io/_io.py", line 7, in

from ..color import rgb2grey

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/skimage/color/init.py", line 1, in

from .colorconv import (convert_colorspace,

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/skimage/color/colorconv.py", line 368, in

rgb_from_xyz = linalg.inv(xyz_from_rgb)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/scipy/linalg/basic.py", line 805, in inv

(a1,))

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/scipy/linalg/lapack.py", line 508, in get_lapack_funcs

"flapack", "clapack", _lapack_alias)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/scipy/linalg/blas.py", line 260, in _get_funcs

'%s function %s could not be found' % (lib_name, func_name))

ValueError: LAPACK function dgetri_lwork could not be found

Any clues? I already have a Caffe built with BLAS := atlas. Would that be an issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

@snatch59 Hi, how are you doing? A previous installation of Caffe should not be an issue. I recommend running the toolkit setup.sh script before running the setup.sh script for the API as the toolkit setup.sh script installs other dependencies as well as Caffe. However after using the toolkit setup.sh script, the PYTHONPATH will be set to the Caffe installation that is installed with the SDK. You may edit your bashrc file to point to another Caffe installation and therefore switch to a different Caffe version. Let me know if running the toolkit setup.sh script solves your problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there. I managed to resolved the issue, with the following steps, with detour back to my own Caffe build and environment.

I re-ran the Toolkit /bin setup.sh using sudo (just in case). I then managed to run the MvNC API /mvnsdk setup.sh (in a new terminal) without the LPACK function error, however I got a number of import Caffe not found errors, despite PYTHONPATH pointing to /opt/movidius/caffe/python.

Due to this weirdness I went back to check my own Caffe build and environment/PYTHONPATH. Running some previous test code incurred the scipy LPACK function dgetri_lwork error. I managed to fix this by completely un-installing scipy and then re-installing the latest version. This led to a different error leading to un-installing scikit-image and the re-installing the latest. Normality restored.

Back to the Movidius Caffe - re-running the MvNC API /mvnsdk setup.sh still led to Caffe no module errors, despite PYTHONPATH being correct. I then ran get_models.sh and covert_models.sh separately and successfully with no import errors.

So I now I have my own Caffe environment and the Movidius one up and running.

0 Kudos