Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6387 Discussions

Logic from `mvNCCompile` as a shared library

idata
Employee

Hi

Would it be possible to get the logic from mvNCCompile packaged as a shared or static library? It'd be nice to be able to convert networks in my binary, without having to have the mvNCCompile tool installed on the machine.

thanks

bill
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

@billtohara, since you are asking for a shared library as against a namespace package, I presume you are developing your apps in C/C++ (not python); is that right?

without having to have the mvNCCompile tool installed on the machine

I can imagine a developer wanting to integrate training, testing, model conversion, and inference all into one single python script, but your request seems to be more from a deployment perspective. I am interested to learn more about your requirement, can you please give me some background to this ask?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, developing in C++.

We have a binary we distribute that can work with caffe and tensorflow models. Ideally we'd be able to support NCS as an accelerator alongside GPUs (I've been asked to find non-nvidia options). However, for various reasons outside my control, the requirement is that we don't distribute python scripts etc.

0 Kudos