Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

MYRIAD ERROR Exception on Raspberry Pi3

idata
Employee

Hey there,

I'm trying to modify the image classifier example from the ncappzoo and it works fine on my x86 development machine, but trying to run the same code on the RPi fails with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "image-classifier-dogbreeds.py", line 66, in <module> output, userobj = graph.GetResult() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 262, in GetResult raise Exception(Status(status)) Exception: mvncStatus.MYRIAD_ERROR

I've tried just installing the API on the RPi and the full SDK and I get the same error.

Let me know, as it's not super helpful an error.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

I bit more info:

I get the same error message with the unededited image-classifer App

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@karl, I just ran python3 image-classifier.py on my PI3 running Stretch OS and V1.11; no issues. Can you please try to run a couple other examples, let me know if you see the same error? Say - ~/workspace/ncappzoo/caffe/GoogLeNet/run.py

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@karl, make sure NCS is getting enough power through the USB port. i.e. use a powered hub if NCS is connected via a USB hub; if it's connected directly to the PI, make sure you use a good power supply (I use the official PI supply, which is rated 5.1V @ 2.5A). I'd also recommend reinstalling the API (cd ~/workspace/ncsdk/api/src && sudo make install), which shouldn't take more than a minute.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, I meet the similar problem too and finally figure it out. My problem is that the graph file used by the example is not correct. As I create the graph file from prototxt and caffemodel again, it works.

0 Kudos