Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Missing deployment_tools/inference_engine/python_api

Guobin_Z_Intel
Employee

According to the document, there is a preview version of the Inference Engine Python* API for evaluation purpose only. But I cannot find the directory in my download, could you help tell me how to access the Python stuff? Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Seunghyuk_P_Intel

Hi Guobin,

I'm not sure which version of OpenVINO you have.

I have 2018.1.265.

It is providing python_api in /deployment_tools/inference_engine/python_api.

And also there are python samples in /deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/python_samples.

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos
smith__raphael
Beginner

Hello, 

I can't found the folder too : deployment_tools/inference_engine/python_api

but I have the python samples. I'm using 2018.3.343 version.

I don't know know how to install the older version.

Any idea to help me pls ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Raphael,

If you are looking for python api documentation it is here.If you are wondering how to use the python samples you can use the -h command line argument to see the helper menu that will show you what command arguments are required to run the sample.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
Mikhail_T_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

Starting from OpenVINO R3 python bindings for Inference Engine are moved too <INSTALL_DIR>/python/<target_python_version> since this folder now contains not only bindings for Inference Engine but also for OpenCV included to OpenVINO package.

Samples location is the same ./deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/python_samples.

BTW, to not worry about packages location and to simplify environment setting process I recommend to use setupvars script as described in 'Setting Up the Environment' section of the docs which Monique mentioned above.

0 Kudos