Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Model Optimizer: convert custom model

Nemes__Adam
Beginner

I want to use the following TensorFlow model in OpenVINO:

https://github.com/yeephycho/tensorflow-face-detection

Its a version of ssd_mobilenet, but not one of the supported topoliges.

I tried different --transformations_config options but i got one of the following errors:

[ ERROR ]  Exception occurred during running replacer "REPLACEMENT_ID" (<class 'extensions.middle.PartialInfer.PartialInfer'>): Stopped shape/value propagation at "Postprocessor/BatchMultiClassNonMaxSuppression/map/while/Slice_1" node.
[ ERROR ]  Exception occurred during running replacer "REPLACEMENT_ID" (<class 'extensions.middle.PartialInfer.PartialInfer'>): Stopped shape/value propagation at "BoxPredictor_0/ClassPredictor/BiasAdd/Reshape" node.

[ ERROR ]  Exception occurred during running replacer "REPLACEMENT_ID" (<class 'extensions.middle.PartialInfer.PartialInfer'>): Stopped shape/value propagation at "BoxPredictor_0/Reshape_1" node.

I used "--tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config" 

However i have limited information about the original model so i'm not sure which JSON use as paramereter,

and I DONT HAVE THE pipline.config file of the model.

What is the best way to convert a custom model?

Is it a good way to edit the JSON files from "deployment_tools\model_optimizer\extensions\front\tf" to fit the custom model?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Adam,

You can try generating json and config files for your custom model taking the standard json files provided with Openvino and config files from tensorflow as reference.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Nemes__Adam
Beginner

Hi Surya!

Ok, so I'm on the right track.

Please explain "generate" is there a tool for that, or i just should edit them in text editor?

Thanks

Adam

0 Kudos
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Adam,

OpenVINO does not provide any tool to generate json and config files. You can create your own taking reference from existing files.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos