Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Model performance reduced( not detecting properly ) on NCS2, after conversion from TensorFlow.

dilip96
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am running a SSD MobileNet V2 model trained using TensorFlow object detection API on a custom data-set.

I have attached the output of same image with and without NCS2. Apparently, the model performance seems to be reduced after the conversion. I am not aware of the problem. 

The OpenVINO version I am using is 2019.R3.

Below is the code I am using to convert from tensorflow to IR formats.

sudo python3 mo.py --framework tf --input_model Catering_v2_3C.pb --batch 12 --reverse_input_channels --tensorflow_object_detection_api_pipeline_config pipeline.config --tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config extensions/front/tf/ssd_support_api_v1.14.json --output=detection_classes,detection_scores,detection_boxes,num_detections --datatype  FP32

I am completely open to any suggestions.

kindly, help me to get past this hurdle.

Thank you, regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RandallMan_B_Intel

Hi dilip96,

Thanks for reaching out.

When developing for Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (Intel® NCS 2) you want to make sure that you use a model that uses FP16 precision. Hence, I would suggest you try using the --datatype FP16 parameter in your Model Optimizer conversion command.

More information is available at the following pages:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/should-i-choose-fp16-or-fp32-for-my-deep-learning-model.html

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_MO_DG_prepare_model_convert_model_tf_specific_Convert_Object_Detection_API_Models.html

Also, I would encourage you to try out Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit version 2020.4, which is a vastly improved version with the latest features and leading performance.

Regards,

Randall

0 Kudos
RandallMan_B_Intel

Hi dilip96,

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Randall.

0 Kudos