Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCS2 MYRIAD dlls and dependencies for inference

Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

Hi, 

I'm using NCS2 on a Windows 10 OpenVINO environment. I have already tested and installed the Movidius_VSC_Device.inf file and runned your test script and all went ok. However I want to be able to use the NCS2 stick on my own solution, which uses the OpenVINO C++ API, what are the dlls and dependencies required to change the target device from CPU to MYRIAD and run inference using the stick?

Thanks,

César.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Thank you for reaching out.

To use the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 for inference, you will need to add: -d MYRIAD at the end of your command code.

Also, you must update several environment variables before you can compile and run OpenVINO™ applications. Open the Command Prompt, and run the setupvars.bat batch file to temporarily set your environment variables:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\bin\

setupvars.bat

Regards,

Mauricio R.

0 Kudos
Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

Hi Mauricio thank for your response,

I don't want to run through Intel Solution, I want to run using my solution and your C++ API, so I need to know which dlls to import, which dependencies are needed. I don't want to run setupvars.bat needer run the inference using the flag -MYRIAD. Instead of that I want to know which are the dlls and dependencies needed in order to be able to run your C++ API inference engine (using targetdevice::eMYRIAD).

Thanks,

César.

0 Kudos
Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

Putting the question in another way, imagine you want to gather all files needed to run movidius inference in a folder, what files do you need? dependencies, dlls, etc..

0 Kudos
Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

Can someone give me a little insight on this problem?

Thanks,

César. 

0 Kudos
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Hello Cesar,

I have not done this before, however, the C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2020.1.033\inference_engine\include directory contains the C++ header files for the inference engine as well as some for the VPU. Is there a particular reason why you need to build an application this way?

We also have the OpenVINO™ Deployment Manager which is supported on Windows in the latest release. The tool can create a deployment package to include your application, model and associated dependencies into a runtime package.

Regards,

Mauricio R.

0 Kudos