Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCS2 Timeout

McDonald__Shaun
Beginner

Hi there

I'm using openvino 5.01 on ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

NCS2 (Myriad X) is connected to a USB3 port via an extension cable - intermittently, inference will freeze, and the following error messages will be posted:

E: [xLink] [    266334] dispatcherEventSend:908 Write failed event -7

E: [xLink] [    268302] dispatcherEventReceive:308      dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -1 | event 0x7fe059159ee0 USB_READ_REL_RESP

E: [xLink] [    268302] eventReader:256 eventReader stopped
E: [watchdog] [    269302] sendPingMessage:164  Failed send ping message: X_LINK_ERROR

Movidius NCS (Myriad 2) will run the same program, albeit slightly slower, without running into any of the above problems at all.

Both NCS2 & Movidius work fine on my Raspberry Pi, the above only happens on my Desktop machine.

In case you're wondering:
1. I have applied the NCS rules on both the desktop and the PI.

Any clues as to where I should be looking to solve this problem?

Kind Regards

Shaun

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hyodo__Katsuya
Innovator
@McDonald, Shaun > extension cable I can not say a certain thing, the extension cable may be the cause of the problem. Is it possible to remove the extension cable for problem isolation?
0 Kudos
McDonald__Shaun
Beginner

Greetings Hyodo-san

Eliminating the USB extension has no effect - NCS2 will run for a very short while (avg 30 seconds), before it locks up. I am approaching my wit's end.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Shaun I am sorry this is happening to you. Have you done a dmesg or are those messages above from dmesg ? You can search archives in this forum https://ncsforum.movidius.com/ and see if someone has gone through something similar.

0 Kudos