Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

NCS2 in RPi 3B+ - RuntimeError: Cannot create ShapeOf layer fc7_mbox_priorbox/0_port id:192

ananya_nrt
Beginner

I am trying to run a face recognition python script which is loading four other models for complete execution.

I am using Raspberry Pi 3B+ (Raspbian Stretch), NCS2 stick with OpenVINO 2020 R3. 

The main script is calling and loading the other models on execution using the NCS2 stick.

I am getting the error:

RuntimeError: Cannot create ShapeOf layer fc7_mbox_priorbox/0_port id:192

I am using IE Network and Plugin instead of IE Core. Can that be an issue?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Ananya,

IE Plugin has been deprecated starting from the OpenVINO toolkit 2021.1 version onwards. For Raspbian OS, we suggest you use the 2020.4 version of the OpenVINO toolkit. Please refer to the following link to download the 2020.4 release:

https://download.01.org/opencv/2020/openvinotoolkit/2020.4/

Regards,

Adli

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Ananya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We would suggest our customers use IE Core instead of using IE Plugin and IE Network. This is due to IE Plugin has been removed in the 2021.1 version. For future releases, IE Network will be removed as well. As additional information, you can refer to the following link to view the deprecated list:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2020.4/deprecated.html

Having said that, could you install the OpenVINO toolkit 2021.1 version on the raspberry pi and try to execute the program? Please refer to the following link to download the latest version of the OpenVINO toolkit for Raspbian OS:

https://download.01.org/opencv/2021/openvinotoolkit/2021.1/

If it doesn’t work, we need your cooperation to share additional information regarding:

• Models used in the program
  • Python script used in the program

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
ananya_nrt
Beginner

Hi Adli,

I am in the process of migrating from IE Plugin and IE Network to IE Core already. However, for the OpenVINO toolkit version, I have a compulsion to use OpenVINO toolkit 2020.x, so that is a dead-end for me.

Also, the models that I am using are from the OpenVINO toolkit pre-trained models. I am using:

• face-detection-adas-0001
  • face-detection-retail-0004
  • face-reidentitfication-retail-0095
  • head-pose-estimation-adas-0001
  • landmarks-regression-retail-0009

My python script is loading all the models onto the NCS2 stick and using the Pi Camera feed as the input for these models.

Please let me know if this information will suffice.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ananya_nrt
Beginner
Spoiler
We would suggest our customers use IE Core instead of using IE Plugin and IE Network. This is due to IE Plugin has been removed in the 2021.1 version. 

Also, since support for IE Plugin has been pulled off from OpenVINO toolkit 2020.1 version, so IE Plugin should still be running for OpenVINO toolkit 2020.x version?

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Ananya,

IE Plugin has been deprecated starting from the OpenVINO toolkit 2021.1 version onwards. For Raspbian OS, we suggest you use the 2020.4 version of the OpenVINO toolkit. Please refer to the following link to download the 2020.4 release:

https://download.01.org/opencv/2020/openvinotoolkit/2020.4/

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
ananya_nrt
Beginner

Hi Adli,

I think I will take this up, switching to OpenVINO toolkit v2020.4. 

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Ananya,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Best Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos