Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCS2 on raspberry pi 3+

jim1
Beginner

Hi there,

I just got the new NCS2 at my hand, which intended to work with my raspi 3+. But i got failure installing the ncsdk2.. and while I managed to install the older version of ncsdk, the "hello world" example program couldn't even detect the ncs2 usb device! 

I would like to ask, shall I try the openvino instead, or actually there is no way to work for raspi right now.. and I have to wait for intel updates?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MossFromIT
Beginner
0 Kudos
Leini__Mikk
Beginner

OpenVINO R5 has RPi support now:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-RelNotes

Sweet :) Will try out...

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi jim,

Please read the post about OpenVINO support on Raspbian OS so that you install the proper distribution package.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
laazizi__mohamed
Beginner

hello 

I just tried openVINO with raspberry 3B+ but the performances are very disappointing  less the 4fps

has anyone ever tried to test the performance with NCS2 ??

0 Kudos
Peniak__Martin
Beginner

laazizi, mohamed wrote:

hello 

I just tried openVINO with raspberry 3B+ but the performances are very disappointing  less the 4fps

has anyone ever tried to test the performance with NCS2 ??

I am getting around 20FPS on face detection model and around 12FPS on our PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) detection model.

4FPS does sound low but it all depends what model you run. I have only tested mobilnet-ssd, some run slower some faster but never as slow as 4FPS. I have to agree that the performance is somewhat less that I expected as running the same models on eg Up Board as a host will yield faster FPS.

0 Kudos