Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCSDK and OpenVINO?

whatthisismyname
Beginner

I just have a simple question, can the NCSDK work with OpenVINO on the same pc?

I want to migrate to OpenVINO but i can have the NCSDK stop working, its crusial so i need setup OpenVINO and migrate the code while NCSDK still in prod, i wonder if OpenVINO will break NCSDK.

Thanks

Daniel

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Luis_at_Intel

I wasn't sure if this would work and so I decided to give it a try on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit machine. I've installed the NCSDK (v1.12.01.01), built the NCAPPZOO examples and executed without issues. Once I verified the NCSDK worked, I went ahead and installed OpenVINO toolkit R5, following the install guide here.

There is an optional step in the 'Set the environment variables' section to permanently set the environment variables, which I omitted. If you initialize the env variables on a Terminal, then the NCSDK will not work on that specific terminal. I'd suggest to not permanently set the env variables for OpenVINO in the .bashrc file. This way you can have a Terminal with OpenVINO's env variables set with source /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/bin/setupvars.sh and another Terminal window working with the NCSDK. This has worked for me, please keep in mind this was done in a pristine Ubuntu system, with not a whole lot of customization. Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
whatthisismyname
Beginner

Thanks for the update,  i thought the forum was dead. I am stil lwaiting for my NCSv2 to test them out. Pretty pricy but lets see if is much better.

0 Kudos
BBi
Beginner

hi, i got an error when using NCSDK make examples :

[Error 7] Toolkit Error: USB Failure. Code: Error opening device.

as i checked, before and after making examples computer can detect the ncs device, but during the making examlples, it's gone suddenly. Could you help explain and give me some solution? tks

0 Kudos