Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

No module named 'openvino.runtime'

Baurzhan
Beginner

Trying to test some object detection/tracking methods using Yolov5 and DeepSort. When I try to run using the openvino model, I get an error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino.runtime'

on line:

from openvino.runtime import Core, Layout, get_batch

pip version - 22.3.1

python version - 3.8

ubuntu 16.04

When I try to install openvino via pip, pip automatically installs version openvino==2021.4.2. I know that the error I got is because OpenVINO™ 2021 uses openvino.inference_engine to Create a Core Object while OpenVINO™ API 2.0 uses openvino.runtime to Create a Core Object.

When I try

pip install openvino==2022.2.0

I got this:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement openvino==2022.2.0 (from versions: 2021.3.0, 2021.4.0, 2021.4.1, 2021.4.2)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for openvino==2022.2.0

so the question is how to properly install openvino 2022.2.0?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Baurzhan,

Thanks for reaching out.

For your information, Ubuntu 16.04 is not a compatible version with OpenVINO Toolkit. You may check the System Requirements documentation.

Meanwhile, for the installation steps, you may refer to Install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit from PyPI Repository.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Baurzhan,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided information. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos