Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community support and discussions about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all things computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

No module named 'openvino.runtime'

Baurzhan
Beginner

Trying to test some object detection/tracking methods using Yolov5 and DeepSort. When I try to run using the openvino model, I get an error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino.runtime'

on line:

from openvino.runtime import Core, Layout, get_batch

pip version - 22.3.1

python version - 3.8

ubuntu 16.04

When I try to install openvino via pip, pip automatically installs version openvino==2021.4.2. I know that the error I got is because OpenVINO™ 2021 uses openvino.inference_engine to Create a Core Object while OpenVINO™ API 2.0 uses openvino.runtime to Create a Core Object.

When I try

pip install openvino==2022.2.0

I got this:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement openvino==2022.2.0 (from versions: 2021.3.0, 2021.4.0, 2021.4.1, 2021.4.2)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for openvino==2022.2.0

so the question is how to properly install openvino 2022.2.0?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Baurzhan,

Thanks for reaching out.

For your information, Ubuntu 16.04 is not a compatible version with OpenVINO Toolkit. You may check the System Requirements documentation.

Meanwhile, for the installation steps, you may refer to Install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit from PyPI Repository.

Regards,

Aznie

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Baurzhan,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided information. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie