Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

One issue about the performance of the Openvino with NCS and NCS2

rachel_r_Intel
Employee

Hi all,

I have verified the performance of OpenVINO with NCS and NCS2. What confused me is that the result of NCS and NCS2 are roughly the same(FPS:6-8).

about my environment:

ubuntu 16.04

OpenVINO 2018.4.420

command:

./interactive_face_detection_demo -m /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001/FP16/face-detection-adas-0001.xml -m_ag /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/age-gender-recognition-retail-0013/FP16/age-gender-recognition-retail-0013.xml -m_hp /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/head-pose-estimation-adas-0001/FP16/head-pose-estimation-adas-0001.xml -m_em /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/emotions-recognition-retail-0003/FP16/emotions-recognition-retail-0003.xml -d MYRIAD -d_ag MYRIAD -d_hp MYRIAD -d_em MYRIAD

Does anyone have an idea? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dal_Ben__Mattia
Beginner

Hi,

I also found the performance of the Myriad X under the expectations. After reading this question I tried with the R5 2018 version of OpenVINO and found a little improvement in performance.

I got 3 FPS on Myriad 2 and 5.6 FPS on Myriad X with this command:

./interactive_face_detection_demo \
-i ~/Videos/6.mp4  \
-m $openvino_install_dir/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001/FP16/face-detection-adas-0001.xml -d MYRIAD \
-m_hp $openvino_install_dir/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/head-pose-estimation-adas-0001/FP16/head-pose-estimation-adas-0001.xml -d_hp MYRIAD

So, maybe give a try on the latest version of OpenVINO.

0 Kudos