Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVINO 2019 R1.1 with Neuro Stick : Cannot make shared blob!

Peter1
Beginner

I am trying to run the pedestrian demo on an Intel NUC with Neuro Sticks installed (Windows 10) but get the following error / output:

InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 1.6
        Build .................. 23780
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
Loading plugin MYRIAD

Description ....... myriadPlugin
Loading plugin CPU

Description ....... MKLDNNPlugin
[ ERROR ] Cannot make shared blob! The blob type cannot be used to store objects of current precision

I am using the following command line :

pedestrian_tracker_demo -m_det person-detection-retail-0013.xml -m_reid person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml -d_det MYRIAD -i p2.mp4

When I use the same command for the same application compiled on my latop which does not have the Neuro Sticks and with the -d_det GPU it runs as expected.The Intel NUC (with Neuro Sticks) does not have a GPU, but when running the demo with the -d_det CPU switch I again get the blob error above. 

Any suggestion what I am missing here, or how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Peter,

I was able to run the pedestrian demo with the following command on my Windows 10 system with OpenVINO 2019 R1.1.

C:\Users\pse\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release>pedestrian_tracker_demo.exe -m_det Retail\object_detection\pedestrian\rmnet_ssd\0013\dldt\person-detection-retail-0013-fp16.xml -m_reid Retail\object_reidentification\pedestrian\rmnet_based\0031\dldt\person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml -d_det MYRIAD -d_reid CPU -l cpu_extension.dll -i person.mp4

The object detection model is running on the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 which requires an FP16 model. I downloaded that model using the model downloader using the following command:

python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\downloader.py" --name person-detection-retail-0013-fp16

The re-identification model was ran on the CPU, I downloaded this model with the following command:

python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\downloader.py" --name person-reidentification-retail-0031

Since the re-identification model is running on the CPU, you may need to specify the shared library for the CPU (-l cpu_extension.dll).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Peter,

I was able to run the pedestrian demo with the following command on my Windows 10 system with OpenVINO 2019 R1.1.

C:\Users\pse\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release>pedestrian_tracker_demo.exe -m_det Retail\object_detection\pedestrian\rmnet_ssd\0013\dldt\person-detection-retail-0013-fp16.xml -m_reid Retail\object_reidentification\pedestrian\rmnet_based\0031\dldt\person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml -d_det MYRIAD -d_reid CPU -l cpu_extension.dll -i person.mp4

The object detection model is running on the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 which requires an FP16 model. I downloaded that model using the model downloader using the following command:

python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\downloader.py" --name person-detection-retail-0013-fp16

The re-identification model was ran on the CPU, I downloaded this model with the following command:

python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\downloader.py" --name person-reidentification-retail-0031

Since the re-identification model is running on the CPU, you may need to specify the shared library for the CPU (-l cpu_extension.dll).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Peter1
Beginner

Jesus E. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Peter,

Regards,

Jesus

Hi Jesus,

Thanks a lot. This solved the problem. 

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos