Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVINO NCS2 Video Analytics for Multiple Cameras

Mounagurusamy__Guruv

Hi,

I am working on a video analytics solution using OpenVINO R3.2019, NCS2 on Intel i3 machine.

We use mutiple CCTV camera feeds and analyse the data, I encountered a scenario where I couldn't process mutiple Camera feeds(example - OpenVINO Face Recognition Solution for multiple cameras using NCS2).I

Is it true that, I can deploy only one model(example - One Face Recognition Model(face-reidentification-retail-0095)) inside NCS2 or Is there any possibility of renaming a model and adding to NCS2

Can you please let me know, if it's possible to process multiple video streams using one NCS2, as it's our business need.

Thanks

Guru

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Max_L_Intel

Hello, Guru.

In your scenario of multiple cameras utilizing please use models specifically designed for multiple input channels (e.g. multiple cameras or multiple video files).

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2019_R1/_inference_engine_samples_multichannel_demo_README.html

Argument "-nc" specifies the number of processed cameras inputs. 

Demos provided on the link above are only capable to deploy one model at a time, however, that's due to the way these demos are written, so please feel free to create your own sample in order to overcome this limitation.

As an example, single channel face detection demo provides up to 4 inference models.

Interactive Face Detection Demo - https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2018_R5/_samples_interactive_face_detection_demo_README.html

Thanks.

Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
Mounagurusamy__Guruv

Thanks Max :)

0 Kudos
chew__minjian
Beginner

Hi, 

I would like to run face recognition demo with multiple camera. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
aicha
Novice

Hi @chew__minjian ,

I have the same issue as yours. 

Could you please tell me if you found a solution to that ? 

I'll be greateful if you help me.

Thank you in advance.

regards.

0 Kudos