Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVINO demo error: xml file was not found

Jian__Youling
Beginner

Hi there,

I am testing openVINO and NCS2 on win 10.
When I ran the demo sample I encountered this error:

//////////////////////////////////////
classification_sample_async.exe -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\\car.png" -m "C:\Users\GenesysLogic SV team\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP16\public\squeezenet1.1\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d MYRIAD
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 2.1
        Build .................. 30677
        Description ....... API
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ]     C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\\car.png
[ INFO ] Creating Inference Engine
        MYRIAD
        myriadPlugin version ......... 2.1
        Build ........... 30677

[ INFO ] Loading network files
[ ERROR ] Error loading xmlfile: C:\Users\GenesysLogic SV team\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP16\public\squeezenet1.1\squeezenet1.1.xml, File was not found at line: 1 pos: 0
Error
//////////////////////////////////////

I have checked the folder and there is indeed no such file.
Actually in the path "C:\Users\GenesysLogic SV team\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO", there only exists a folder named "inference_engine_samples_build".
Could someone help me with it? Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Youling,

Did you try to run the demo once and it failed? If so, the directory was created and when the demo runs the second time it skips the model conversion as the directory already exists. Please try to delete the squeezenet1.1 directory and re-run the demo.

C:\Users\GenesysLogic SV team\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP16\public\squeezenet1.1

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Jian__Youling
Beginner

Hi Jesus,

I ran the demo command several times, not just only once.
And in the folder "C:\Users\GenesysLogic SV team\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO" there only exists a folder named "inference_engine_samples_build".
I don't see the folder "openvino_models" and the following folders/documents.
I think that's why it shows the error that couldn't find the "squeezenet1.1.xml" file.

https://imgur.com/GZB81Mm

0 Kudos
Dutta_Roy__Souptik

This is because of the spaces in your build path. Check my comment here.

0 Kudos
Jian__Youling
Beginner

Hi Dutta Roy,

Thank you for the comment. It works.
But now I encountered new problems.
The error messages shows like below.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Model Optimizer version:        2019.3.0-375-g332562022
[ ERROR ]  -------------------------------------------------
[ ERROR ]  ----------------- INTERNAL ERROR ----------------
[ ERROR ]  Unexpected exception happened.
[ ERROR ]  Please contact Model Optimizer developers and forward the following information:
[ ERROR ]  'Graph' object has no attribute 'node'
[ ERROR ]  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\main.py", line 302, in main
    return driver(argv)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\main.py", line 261, in driver
    custom_layers_mapping_path=custom_layers_mapping_path)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\pipeline\caffe.py", line 65, in driver
    graph, original_shapes = loader.caffe_pb_to_nx(proto, model)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\front\caffe\loader.py", line 294, in caffe_pb_to_nx
    graph.add_node(layer.name, pb=layer, model_pb=model_layer, kind='op', type='Parameter')
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\graph\graph.py", line 505, in add_node
    node.update_node()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\graph\graph.py", line 470, in update_node
    in_ports_count = self.in_ports_count if self.has_valid('in_ports_count') else None
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\graph\graph.py", line 161, in has_valid
    return self.has(k) and not self.graph.node[self.node] is None
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo\graph\graph.py", line 158, in has
    return k in self.graph.node[self.node]
AttributeError: 'Graph' object has no attribute 'node'

[ ERROR ]  ---------------- END OF BUG REPORT --------------
[ ERROR ]  -------------------------------------------------
Error

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Can someone help with it?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Youling,

I believe there is a compatibility issue with the networkx package. Could you try and install version 2.3 using the command "pip3 install networkx==2.3".

Try to run the demo again and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Jian__Youling
Beginner

Hi Jesus,

Yes it works. I have got the successful output.
Thank you very much for the support.
Also thanks to Dutta Roy again.

0 Kudos
Smith__Dale
Beginner

This works for me as well.

Why not add this to the OpenVino installation pages?

Jesus E. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Youling,

I believe there is a compatibility issue with the networkx package. Could you try and install version 2.3 using the command "pip3 install networkx==2.3".

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Miranda__Sergio
Beginner

Jesus E. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Youling,

Regards,

Jesus

With this command it worked for me. However, when I ran again, the error came out again, so what I did was delete the file that indicated, in my case:

rm -rf /home/sergio/openvino_models/ir/FP16/public/

I deleted all that folder and then I ran the script and now everything went ok.

I hope this information can help you.

regards

0 Kudos
sharpertool
Novice

If you don't  mind 'patching' your openvino install, you can fix the requirements files. This will find all of the requirements and insure that networkx is within the valid range.

sudo find /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/ -maxdepth 1 -name 'requirements*.txt' -exec sed 
-i 's/networkx>=1.11.*$/networkx>=1.11<2.4/' {} \

OpenVINO is installed "per version", so it's a good idea to run this against your "specific" branch, then future updates won't be affected -- unless they need to be. For my install, this looks like this:

sudo find /opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/ -maxdepth 1 -name 'requirements*.txt' -exec sed 
-i 's/networkx>=1.11.*$/networkx>=1.11<2.4/' {} \

0 Kudos