Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVINO optimized OpenCV and my compiled OpenCV have some little pixel difference.

Jie__Sun
Beginner

HI guys:

When I use cv::imread to read one image file use OpenVINO optimized OpenCV and my compiled OpenCV and Python OpenCV,I found the pixel from OpenVINO optimized OpenCV and Python OpenCV is the same,But my compiled OpenCV have some little difference.I want do compile my own OpenCV to have the same decode pixel with OpenVINO optimized OpenCV,Can you tell me how to do this,What options should be add.Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

Are you reading JPEG file? Different OpenCV builds can use different versions of libjpeg which can return different results. If you need consistent result you should use loseless format such as PNG or BMP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jie__Sun
Beginner

Have anyone come across this problem?

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

Are you reading JPEG file? Different OpenCV builds can use different versions of libjpeg which can return different results. If you need consistent result you should use loseless format such as PNG or BMP.

0 Kudos
Jie__Sun
Beginner

Hi Maksim S. Thank you for replay.Yes,i am reading JPEG file.I read the CMakeLists.txt and found the OPENCV_FORCE_3RDPARTY_BUILD option.I turn it and sovle my problem.Thank you very much.

0 Kudos