Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVino 2019 R1 windows exception

Dimitry_N_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

1. I downloaded and install OpenVino toolkit  2019 R1.

2. I am trying to create a standalone simple sample to test our network, as in hello_classiification  

4. I copy all needed dll into my run directory.

5.I have following exception at line InferencePlugin plugin(PluginDispatcher().getSuitablePlugin(TargetDevice::eCPU));

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\temp\OpenVinoSample\x64\Debug\OpenVinoSample.exe'. Symbols loaded.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp140d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbased.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbased.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbased.dll'

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140d.dll'

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\temp\OpenVinoSample\x64\Debug\inference_engined.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\temp\OpenVinoSample\x64\Debug\tbb_debug.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64_win\compiler\libmmdd.dll'. Symbols loaded.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\temp\OpenVinoSample\x64\Debug\MKLDNNPlugind.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\temp\OpenVinoSample\x64\Debug\mkl_tiny_tbb.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140.dll'

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll'

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\temp\OpenVinoSample\x64\Debug\mkl_tiny_tbb.dll'

'OpenVinoSample.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\temp\OpenVinoSample\x64\Debug\MKLDNNPlugind.dll'

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFEA9829129 in OpenVinoSample.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: InferenceEngine::details::InferenceEngineException at memory location 0x000000BE094FD5E0.

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFEA9829129 in OpenVinoSample.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: InferenceEngine::details::InferenceEngineException at memory location 0x000000BE094FDF80.

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFEA9829129 in OpenVinoSample.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: InferenceEngine::details::InferenceEngineException at memory location 0x000000BE094FEB10.

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFEA9829129 in OpenVinoSample.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: InferenceEngine::details::InferenceEngineException at memory location 0x000000BE094FEB10.

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Dmitry:

Please read my response to the following post:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision/topic/806679

However, you will want to use 2019:

https://github.com/opencv/dldt/blob/2019/inference-engine/README.md

For building a standalone OpenVino applications, the method suggested in the above forum answer is the best approach. 

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Dimitry_N_Intel
Employee

Dear Shubha,

I don't understand what official installation toolkit good for if I cannot use it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Dimitry N. ,

Of course you can use the non-open source OpenVino. But if you want to write your own custom app from scratch with DLLs located in non-standard directories -- you should use the github open source version. If you download the official OpenVino (non-open source release) you should not move DLLs around or you will suffer exceptions as you are seeing. dldt open source is meant for custom development.

The below forum post (with my answers) may help you:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision/topic/808641

If you want to continue using the non-open source version please study the setupvars.bat under bin. Make changes accordingly.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Dmitry, 

Also check out my answer to this forum post. I think it will help you. Please keep in mind that I'm advising this customer to also use the dldt github version:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision/topic/806679

The basic idea is this. It's more straightforward to build a standalone application with dlls located on a Timbuktu fileserver - if you use the dldt github approach. Not to say that it's not possible using the non-open-source - of course it is. It's just more straightforward (and less error-prone) using the dldt github. 

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos