Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVino Build Error

Gracious__Oniel
Beginner

I am trying to run the demo example. I just did a fresh installation of Open Vino. I have Python 3.7 and Visual Studio 2017 installed.

demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat

However I keep getting the error

c:\intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420\deployment_tools\inference_engine\src\extension\common\softmax.h(92): er
       ror C3861: '_mm_blendv_ps': identifier not found

I could not find any references to this error. Could you please guide me as to what may be going wrong.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Oniel,

we do not support Python 3.7 yet. I don't think this is the cause of the error, can you identify in the script which line throws this error?

Best, 

Severine

0 Kudos
Gracious__Oniel
Beginner

Hi Severine,

I have attached the full output of the run.

The error occurs in this segment of the script

echo ###############^|^| Build Inference Engine samples using MS Visual Studio (MSBuild.exe) ^|^|###############

echo.

timeout 3

echo "%MSBUILD_BIN%" Samples.sln /p:Configuration=Release /t:classification_sample /clp:ErrorsOnly /m

"%MSBUILD_BIN%" Samples.sln /p:Configuration=Release /t:classification_sample /clp:ErrorsOnly /m

if ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO errorHandling

timeout 7

Thanks

Oniel

0 Kudos
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Oniel, the error is from a SEE4.1 instruction that seems to be unknown from your system, even though SEE4.1 is supported in your system as the long list in your debug file is showing. I dont know the cause and I would like to report your issue to our dev team. 

Which CPU are you using?

Can you compile the samples directly from the inference_engine/samples folder by running create_msvc2017_solution.bat ? and report what happens when compiling those samples in VS 2017?

Best, 

Severine

0 Kudos
Gracious__Oniel
Beginner

Hi Severine,

I have an Intel I5 CPU

I created the build, I have attached the output file herewith. It ask me to add path to the PATH variable however there are no files in the bin folder in that path. It says build created successfully.

Thanks

Oniel

0 Kudos
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Oniel, the script only creates a VS solution. You need to open the solution (.sln) which will be in your documents folder under Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_2017. Then, you will need to compile the code. 

Best, 

Severine

0 Kudos
Dumitrescu__Costi

Hi,

replacing "#include <emmintrin.h>" by "#include <nmmintrin.h>" in "c:\intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420\deployment_tools\inference_engine\src\extension\common\defs.h" helped the samples compile and the "_mm_blendv_ps" error wasn't triggered anymore.

0 Kudos
Gracious__Oniel
Beginner

Thanks Severine - I was able to solve the problem. I compiled the code on an I7 and it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Fine__Yureg
Beginner

Hi Severine!

I have the exact same problem. OpenVINO ver 2018.4.420, VS 2017, Python 3.7.1. Build err:

C:\Lib\OpenVINO\computer_vision_sdk\deployment_tools\inference_engine\src\extension\common\softmax.h(92): error C3861:
'_mm_blendv_ps': identifier not found [c:\Users\Bleach\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_2017\ie_cpu_ex
tension\ie_cpu_extension.vcxproj]

I use Intel i5 750 processor (Lynnfield):
    Specification        Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz
    Package (platform ID)    Socket 1156 LGA (0x1)
    CPUID            6.E.5
    Extended CPUID        6.1E

which support SSE4.1, SSE4.2.

0 Kudos
Fine__Yureg
Beginner

Hi Severine, I have the exact same error.
OpenVINO version - 2018.4.420
VS 2017 15.9.2
Python 3.7.1
I use Intel i5 750 CPU, which support SEE4.1 and SEE4.2.
Is there any solution to resolve this error?
Best regards, Yureg.

0 Kudos
Joel_E_
Beginner

Hello Yureg,

I also had problems during sample compilations on my older desktop with i7 870 CPU which obviously supports SSE4.1 instructions. The comment made by Costi to change the included header file might help. It could be changed from emmintrin.h to either smmintrin.h (SSE4.1) or nmmintrin.h (SSE4.2). Although I may open a new ticket/topic why emmintrin.h was used.

I have further instructions/explanation written on my blog post.

Hope this could help!

0 Kudos
Manjia
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem whilke trying to build both demos and samples,

my specific error is about "_mm512_floor_ps: identifier not found"

The machine I'm using features an Intel i9-7940X which obviously supports both SEE4.1 and SEE4.2, nonetheless I tryied to replace "#include <emmintrin.h>" with "#include <nmmintrin.h>" as suggested by Costi Dumitrescu, but I had no luck, so I tryied to replace the "#include <emmintrin.h>" with any one header suggested by Joel E in its post, but again with no luck.

I then tried to just comment the  
static inline __m512 _mm_uni_floor_ps(__m512 vec) { return _mm_uni_castsi_ps(vec); }
which was giving me the error and I noticed that this specific function was just used by 1 example featuring yolo so I just ended up editing the method by just removing _mm_uni_castsi_ps, like this: static inline __m512 _mm_uni_floor_ps(__m512 vec) { return vec; }, but the yolo example won't work..

0 Kudos
Roy_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Harry, 

I was able to reproduce this issue. What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Thanks

Roy

0 Kudos