Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

OpenVino Driver Behaviour issue cannot allocate memory

EmadOsama
Beginner

Hello,

I installed Openvino successfully and when I installing OpenVino Driver Behaviour I have an error in this command

input:

./driver_behavior -m $face132 -i ../../../data/img_1.jpg

output:

InferenceEngine:

API version ............ 2.1

Build .................. 2020.4.0-359-21e092122f4-releases/2020/4

Description ....... API

[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters

[ INFO ] Reading input

[ INFO ] Loading plugin CPU

/home/ai-team/OpenVino-Driver-Behaviour/OpenVino-Driver-Behaviour/scripts/../models/FP32/face-reidentification-retail-0095.xml

Warning: face reid gallery is empty!

[ INFO ] Loading network files for Face Detection

[ INFO ] Batch size is set to 1

[ ERROR ] Could not allocate memory

what can I do?

- My memory ram 64 GB

- swap memory is 2097148

- I installed ubuntu dual boot with windows and give it partition 450 GB to make root,swap,home

- Openvino version 2020.4

- gcc 7.5.0

- g++ 7.5.0

- Python 2.7.17 , Python 3.6.9

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Osama,

Have you tried to run the OpenVINO demo before? You can try to run the demo to see if any memory issue arise

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_get_started_get_started_linux.html#use_the_demo_scripts_to_learn_the_workflow

If you can run this demo, then your setup is working fine. If not, it might be some issues with the Open-Vino-Driver-Behaviour example that you want to run.

Please also check if your hardware is compatible with OpenVINO. You can check if your hardware meets the system requirements at the link below:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux.html#system_requirements

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
Afiq
Beginner

Hi, I have the same problem and i have tried run the demo, there is no memory issue arise. The attached picture is my memory space.

I'm currently using Ubuntu 18.04, OpenVINO 2020.2

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi EmadOsama,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos