Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVino on Atom E3845?

Joe_Speed
Beginner

Does OpenVino support Atom E3845? What are the caveats?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hi Joe, the E3845 is a bit older, not officially supported according to

https://software.intel.com/en-us/openvino-toolkit

I tried on the more recent Atoms E3930 and E3950 and was fine.  The caveats would be slower inference fps as they have weaker CPU and GPU.

Cheers,

Nikos

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Joe,

As Niko stated, OpenVINO should theoretically work on the atom processor however CPU and GPU are poor in performance as most atoms have only 2 core processors. I've also experienced that if you have to use the atom processor that GPU gives you better FPS than CPU.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
Yannis__James
Beginner

Jones, Monique (Intel) wrote:

Hi Joe,

As Niko stated, OpenVINO should theoretically work on the atom processor however CPU and GPU are poor in performance as most atoms have only 2 core processors. I've also experienced that if you have to use the atom processor that GPU gives you better FPS than CPU.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

Hello,

I am using E3950 on ubuntu 16.04, but I can only run CPU. GPU is not working because OPENCL is 1.2, not 2.1. How could I activate GPU on E3950?

0 Kudos
tenin__roman
Beginner

Jones, Monique (Intel) wrote:

Hi Joe,

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

Hi, I have atom-e3845 and openvino 2020.1.033 running on Windows 10 and I get following error:

[ ERROR ] Failed to create plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll for device CPU
Please, check your environment
Cannot load library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll': 1114 from cwd: C:\Users\IZuser\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release

setupvars was called before

Isn't it connected with CPU? I looked into MKLDNNPlugin.dll with dependancy walker, all dependecies seems to be satisfied