Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVino on Raspbian 97-myriadusbboot.rules is missing still missing on R3

WDomo
Beginner

"The Raspberry pi 4 is now out, and runs the latest version of Raspbian 10 Buster! Currently if you follow the instruction at: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html to install OpenVino, although the builds complete sucessfully for the C++ programs shipped with it, the Python bindings fail.

The package supplied by Intel does not expect Python 3.7, or Rasbian Buster for that matter. I imagine they will release an update at some point, but I am not very patient. Here is a workaround, that can get you up and running with OpenVINO on the pi4! It appears to work well, at least with my scripts from the PI3. I am getting > 30FPS with the async script on a single NCS2!"

https://github.com/leswright1977/RPI4_NCS2

This problem still exists in R3  The compile of the .py demos breaks when running the Makefile.  It would great if this were fixed and an upgrade issued.

I am fighting to install the fix suggested.on R pi 3B Python 3.7 Buster

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Domoney, William

Can you be more specific about the errors you are still getting in R3 ? And are the build errors only on RPI 4 ?

By the way congrats on getting everything working. getting > 30FPS with the async script on a single NCS2 is pretty phenomenal ! Please describe the errors you are experiencing in more detail. A log showing the errors would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
WDomo
Beginner

Thanks Shubba

I haven't got it to run yet

A make on my omz_demos_build crashes at 89% complete with 

main.cpp:(.text+0x644c): undefined reference to `__atomic_load_8'
/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/main.cpp.o: in function `main':
main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2650): undefined reference to `__atomic_load_8'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/build.make:92: armv7l/Release/security_barrier_camera_demo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1006: security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2

Screengrab to follow

0 Kudos
WDomo
Beginner

I will work through all the demos on my Pi and check which ones work

I am only getting 4 FPS on my MYRIAD on my PC and will see if there is something I should set

0 Kudos
WDomo
Beginner

attempting to install the movidius USB rules

sh /opt/intel/openvino/install_dependencies/install_NCS_udev_rules.sh
Updating udev rules...
File '97-myriad-usbboot.rules' is missing. Please make sure you installed 'Inference Engine Runtime for Intel® Movidius™ VPU'.
/opt/intel/openvino/install_dependencies/install_NCS_udev_rules.sh: 32: exit: Illegal number: -1

this feels so close to being a really good demo next week

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Domoney, William,

Sorry for all the issues you are having. I will file a bug on the File '97-myriad-usbboot.rules' is missing.  issue. I'm assuming that you followed the raspbian install doc carefully right ?

Thanks for your patience,

Shubha

0 Kudos
WDomo
Beginner

This looks to be the problem  I have Python 3.7 installed.  

OpenVINO environment initialized
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/pi/openvino/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5/cv2.so': No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/pi/openvino/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5/libpython3.5m.so.1.0': No such file or directory
[setupvars.sh] 64 bitness for Python 3.7 is requred
[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized

Do you have a version that works on Python 3.7 please as I am not totally wild about reverting to Python 3.5?

Do you have a version that works on 

0 Kudos